is very easy to go to the movies and critique a work without question the origin of it, happens a lot, but this time, I found the sharpness with which has managed to show a fellow outspoken without the props and in many cases the support of the breast that feeds the political life in countries like mine (but not exclusively!). When I see things well how are you, I am proud to be a "human being Colombian, and I have less afraid to go forward with what I propose, because they are made by characters who, like many others have had to leave our country live a life more akin to what we expect and we realize that things are so different from the outside. The book's author has spoken of a sense of "get defeated in court," typical of his character, Victor Silampos, and with much sadness, I realize that it is the same one with which many of us have to eat breakfast every day . Anyway ... I found on Yahoo some interesting production notes for the film currently being exhibited in Spain "Method of Losing" , directed by Sergio Cabrera, Jorge Goldenberg's screenplay based on novel by Santiago Gamboa. The director notes that for many years :..." had a desire to make a film that is perhaps the greatest threat to democracy in Colombia: corruption. And I can not deny that I passed by Congress a few years ago sharpened the old desire. Just was in those days when it fell into my hands a copy of Losing method. The title of the novel by Santiago Gamboa ( interviewed by the newspaper El Pais of Colombia) and promised a space where they could live for many of these endearing heart winners losers who inhabit the world that I like to imagine, that of who believe in justice and are willing to fight all the crap that pollutes, even knowing that they are intended to defeat. As I started reading the novel, I realized that there was room not only for the romantics, there was also portrayed the slimy and disgusting world of speculators and corrupt, and the gangs that organize the shelter of small spaces that the state leaves them free to enrich themselves at will. It was at that moment in the novel when I saw a movie, a movie that I like to watch and I like to shoot, because the conflicts generated by these two radical and contradictory society looks are the essence of Losing method and have a certain way also been the essence of my film.
0 comments:
Post a Comment